Thursday, February 5, 2009

New Exoplanet Found By Telescope

Hello I am cbgbyo65 and I will be talking about a social studys current event that just happened.A new planet has been discovered by a French telescope that is less then twice the size of earth.Only three plantes have been comparoble to the mass of the earth like mercury, venus, mars.This new planet might be added on to this list and was found by a French telescope that was looking for plantes that might be orbiting around stars."For the first time, we have unambiguously detected a planet that is rocky in the same sense as our own earth".This was a quote from a scientist called Malcolm Fridlum.Before I heard this quote I did not know that we did not have any planets with the same surface structure.I got this information from bbcnewinternational.com.My opionion on this new planet is not to suprised I think there is a lot more planets near us and we will find them in the near future.

No comments: